Google Maps – GPS Navigation – Google, Inc.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don’t miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*) See average wait times at over a million restaurants worldwide.
*) Search and sort through reviews of a place.
*) Get transit directions that tell you exactly which entrance you need to go into. This feature is available now in New York, Hong Kong, Taipei, Paris, Los Angeles, Delhi, Moscow, Singapore, Madrid, Barcelona, Kiev, and Budapest, with more on the way!
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but flawed
So without question google maps is one of my most used apps. Very early on I decided it was far better than Apple’s maps app (maybe I should go back and try that because I haven’t used it for years). Anyway, the pluses are many, but there is one thing that drives me so insane that I rank this app a 3 instead of a 5, that one thing is extremely untimely short freeze ups. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in a situation where I need the app the run normally in order to get the info I need in time to make a correct turn and the app will pause/freeze for a few seconds. It’s almost is if it knows what’s going on and is playing a cruel trick on me. Just today I had put in my destination, had the route, and was on my way. A while later I saw an exit sign and thought that could be my exit. I pulled the app back up to check and………. my blue GPS marker had me about 2 miles off the highway in the middle of no where just sitting still. So I wait, I’m getting closer and closer to the exit, I wait and wait, slow down a little, and wait, and there goes the exit, and finally it shows yes that was the exit. Almost broke my new iPhone X. And that exact thing has happened on multiple occasions with multiple phones. I’m going to see if any other ratings mention this.
Google Maps nearly had me miss my bus
Update: I just checked again and 435 W Peachtree St NW is again the wrong address in Google Maps.
I’ve had prior issues with Google Maps before, like, it routing me in loops and circles, but never thought too much about it. It is the most used GPS app, so I thought it was the best. Nope. This time it pushed my buttons. Deleted the app.
Use Waze everyone! It’s real time, with real users!
- Google, Inc.
- 154.8 MB
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.