iMovie – Apple
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
Browse and share your videos
• Enjoy all your videos in the full-screen Video browser
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Mark favorite moments to easily find them later
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customize movie studio logos, cast names, and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
• Record video for your trailer right in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Use 3D Touch on iPhone 6s to quickly start a new project from the Home Screen or Peek at a movie from the Projects browser
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions, and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 10 Apple-designed video filters
• Enhance your movie with slow motion, fast forward, picture-in-picture, and split-screen effects*
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your music library, and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Use the iMovie extension to enhance video clips right in the Photos app
• Easily transfer projects between your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send any project to your computer via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie for Mac
• Share your finished movies and trailers to iMovie Theater and watch them on all your devices with iCloud, including Apple TV*****
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your photo library or share to YouTube in 4K or 1080p60**
• Share directly to Facebook and Vimeo
• Save videos and iMovie project files to iCloud Drive
• Share videos and iMovie project files with AirDrop***
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream video to your HDTV with Apple TV****
* 2x speed-up is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini with Retina display, and later devices.
** 4K support is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, and later devices.
*** AirDrop requires an iCloud account and is available on iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad Air, iPad mini, iPod touch (5th generation), and later devices.
**** AirPlay requires Apple TV (2nd generation) or later.
***** To view iMovie Theater on Apple TV (4th Generation), you must download the iMovie Theater app from the App Store.
• Adopts Metal for graphics processing
• Improves localization for Simplified Chinese
• Improves overall stability
This version of iMovie requires iOS 11.2
Ratings and Reviews
Create beautiful movies
Great 👍🏻 but
It’s really a great game but once you do some you get tired of making movies and trailers so I was thinking it would be cool if you guys added some more stuff in there also I think for music for The background of your iMovie you should be able to get songs from your iPad or phone and transfer it to iMovie please consider these ideas I would also like to say that there should be more sound effects to go with your movie also you should give the people who just started A Lerner video to be able to learn how the whole process works it was confusing to me when we first started doing in class so I think you should make something that would show everybody how to write and everywhere and everything else I didn’t know how to ride till like a week after so that tells you how confusing it is and if there is a learners video you guys should make it easier cause I’m pretty sure we watched it or that was somebody else’s but I am still please consider these I would really like to have more it is really fun game not really game so I really like it it is very fun to do in your free time and if you guys could keep adding stuff please do it but I would rather you had not have to update the app to get it that would be great because some I am now about update my iPad at school but I am on my phone so if you could please do this so be great thank you
Good, but some suggestions
Upset with program:(
I think the app is great! I use it to edit my videos and make them look professional. There are a few things I think Apple Should do though. First of all, I think they should add an option to actually move the text wherever you want, not just where the set locations are. I also think they should make an option to choose the color of your text. This would be very helpful! Lastly, I think that we should be able to add a picture over a video (overlapping). I think that adding these features would bring the app to 5 stars by me, and I’m sure it’ll bring much more happier customers in the future.
Something else to note, which really frustrates me, is the fact that when you have missing photos or videos in your project, it doesn’t let you save it! I’ve worked so hard on this one project and because I have 1 picture missing from my camera roll, I can’t play it back or share it!
Also, I do not like how you cannot move audio to the exact spot where you want it- songs you have in your library have to start from the beginning of the movie, not when you want it to
Please fix this!!
- Apple Inc.
- 707.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013-2018 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.